Yoga in tijden van Corona
door Hans Snoek
from left to right:
1. The River (Rondvaart) 2020, 20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
2. The River (Marylin) 2020, 20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
3. The River (Flying Pig) 2020.20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
4. The River (SALE) 2020, 20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
5. The River ( De Stokerij ) 2020, 20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
6. The River (Casino) 2020, 20 x 29 cm, pastel, inkjet on paper.
The River, make a walking video of all the drawings and the story.
‘The first houses on the Nieuwendijk were built around 1225. They were the oldest residential houses in Amsterdam and made of wood. I have lived above the archaeological remains on the first floor for over 10 years now. Normally there is a river of people under my window and now for a few weeks now suddenly no one at all. It feels very special and I think this will never happen again – not as long as I probably live. I can’t stop taking pictures.
In my head there is a real river under our windows. I started drawing it. A story about the river slowly emerges in fragments. ‘ – Marieke Zwart
Marieke Zwart started a Crowdfunding Campaign at VOORDEKUNST to make The River (2020) . Watch the trailer (with subs) here . More info on this project at the campaign site.
Omgaan met eenzaamheid
Pastoor in coronatijd
Mannen in Nieuw West – Diwan
Amsterdam na Corona